1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Landscape Plants Pictures

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Gene $immons, Mar 1, 2004.

1. Gene $immons

Gene $immons LawnSite Bronze Member

I was wondering if anyone knew how to buy nice colored pictures of common trees, shrubs, and flowers. Like index cards but bigger. 5 X 8 " or so in size.

Is there a company that makes such a product?

2. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Not sure about the cards, but i use Horticopia and i can print their pictures to any size i like for customer reference.
  3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Gene- we do the same thing as Matt.I print out the plant info for the particular plants installed with care notes, attributes, etc. , and give it to the client after installation. If they don't buy a maint. package, it leaves no room for lack of care for the plantings. Its in black and white right in front of them..period. I also supply a set of 4 x 6" before/during/after pics for installs as well in a nice photo book for $ 20.00 if they want it at the beginning of the contract. Larger jobs get it for free.
  4. Acute Cut

Acute Cut LawnSite Senior Member

Horticopia? Whats that?
  5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Plant database CD-ROM with pictures, and notes about each plant. Professional Edition is $550