Landscape Poet Photos

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Landscape Poet, Feb 14, 2012.

1. You would be surprised how fast you can get a fill in. We verticut and sanded a diamond zoysia lawn and after 2 weeks it was practically filled in. If there is a lot of thatch(which im sure there is) you need to remove and topdress. It has to look bad before it can look good.

2. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

Combine Ornamec and Turflon Ester then there is even less collateral damage to the zoysia, more damage to the bermuda.

3. greendoctor

greendoctor LawnSite Fanatic

That is why the lawn professionals in Hawaii do not hold back on cutting zoysia down and dethatching it. I might be asked to do just that to about 1/2 acre of Emerald Zoysia. I found yet one more way for a zoysia or bermuda lawn to get too thick and tthatched over. It happens when there is too much clearance between the reel and bedknife so the mower only chews off the tips of the leaves rather than shearing it down to the correct height. Illiterate yard men that go through the motions of mowing without actually getting the job done.

4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It is spreading for sure.

5. Landscape Poet

So here is the newest project I picked up today. We have essentially a open budget, just make it right. Irrigation audit starts Monday. We have Control over irrigation, fert and squirt of lawn and shrubs(monthly applications) , we have permission to fix whatever and charge it to card or to invoice as we feel necessary.

We will be reel cutting front section behind gates and back entertaining section by pool...everything else we will use Hustlers on. If homeowner sees what he wants out of the reel cut, he has agreed to purchase us a 48 inch gang reel so that we may use on his property. Gang Reel will covey with us, we take it with us as owner does not want stored at the property.

It will be a project for sure. Once irrigation is fixed...we will start making progress. I will try to remember to post updates as I can but as it is already August, I do not expect great results any time soon although the irrigation that there currently is a failure , so anything is possible.

6. Landscape Poet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Landscape Poet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Landscape Poet

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Landscape Poet

One of the newer accounts that we picked up recently.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Landscape Poet

It is getting there. We have came a long long way and so far everyone is happy with the results.
    [​IMG]