Landscape Prep Pricing

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by clallen03, Oct 29, 2007.

1. clallen03

clallen03 LawnSite Senior Member

I have this small commercial property that has contacted us for an estimate. They want the front of this property landscaped with some flowering shrubs, annual beds and some other stuff. Anyways, I was just wondering if you guys could give me some suggestions on what you'll would charge to rip out these couple of shrubs and remove the pea gravel and mulch that is in these areas. Two of the beds are 5X12 and the other is 5X15. The bed at the street is 4x25.

I already have a design in mind for these area just wanting to get some sort of idea on prep pricing before we submit our proposal.

Thanks for all your help!

DSC_1231.JPG

DSC_1233.JPG

DSC_1234.JPG

DSC_1236.JPG

DSC_1228.JPG

2. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

What i would charge is $65.00 per hour to prep theses beds. Also charge for haul away fees on the soil and debris. So if it takes 3 hours charge $65.00 x 3 man hours = $195.00 plus dump fees. I try to charge that for all work that we do. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Good luck on this bid, do you have a crew to do this or are you on your own ?

3. clallen03

I have a crew of 2 men and most likely I will be helping to get done faster. My normal man hour rate is $35 so I think I will just apply that rate if I dont get any other suggestions.

Thanks for your suggestions.

4. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Is that on Main street in Forest Park?

I would guess 3 guys start too finish in a day.
    I would figure 600 dollars labor.
    Materials cost plus 30%.

I would stick with annuals and maybe some ornamental grass in front of the windows.
    Annuals keep on giving both too the customer and too your pocket book.

5. shane mapes

that's $25.00 per man per hour .....here you can't meet a budget charging that low... maybe its different there...

6. clallen03

Are you talking total labor or prep labor? That sound about right for a full day worth of work I was thinking around $580. I also have to add in dumping fees. My two man crew will have that done in a day, it my take a little longer with dumping.

I plan to plant Indian hawthorns and variegated monkey grass in the two outside beds. In the middle bed I going with annuals to keep the money flowing twice a year. I'm not positive on what I will do with the bed by the street. For some reason they are trying to keep these shrubs there. I'm going to try to talk them out of this but if I cant I will just go with annuals between the shrubs.

7. AWJ Services

from Ga

So thats 8 hours x 65 dollars = 520 ?

8. shane mapes

NO .what i wrote was 3 man hours @ $65.00 = $195.00 plus dump fees. at no time did i write 8 man hours = $195.00 . read what i wrote clearly be for you give a fast answer.......

9. AWJ Services

from Ga

So you are saying that 8 hours times 3 men equals 24 man hours x 65 dollars = 1560 dollars labor+ dump fees?
    Inert dump will only be 25 dollars.
    65 dollars an hour is a stretch for a skid steer here much less a man with a shovel.
    I wish we could charge that much.

I actually never posted this .

You posted 65 per hour(not per man hour) too prep the beds .
    So if it took 8 hours too do the job that is 8 hours x 65 = 520 dollars which is exactly what you said you would charge too prep the beds.
    I really read well.
    It was just that your post mentioned a rate without man hours and then a rate with man hours which left things vague.

10. shane mapes

read post 2 and go from their , i think your confused with another post not mine