Landscape Pro 12?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by nlminc, Feb 16, 2007.

1. nlminc

nlminc LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GA

Anyone else have this version? I have only used it 3 times since I bought it a month ago. On 2 occasions I've had problems. Once I used the tutorial and had a demo open to play with and it just crashed on me. Last night I was working in the Image editor for about 2 hours and it SLOWED down to almost a point where I couldn't use it. It also closed on me once and sent a message to the company because of the error.

My computer is new and has plenty of power and memory (1024). I had nothing else open at the time.

Anyone else having problems? Know of any solutions? I've read here some have had the program crash on them. I thought it was an earlier version. I will give Landscape pro a call. So far I love the program and don't want to return it, but something has to change.

2. carcrz

carcrz LawnSite Silver Member

I've heard lots of people say it crashed on them too. I'd say a phone call is in your future.

3. nlminc

from GA

Just opened the program again after last nights problems and it's still running the same way. I sent Pro Landscape an email, their phone lines were busy.

4. Allure

Allure LawnSite Senior Member

I have version 12 & i can't recall it crashing (maybe once). i have had it slow down dramatically more than once though. I think it was due to the fact that i had to many plants on the screen. In other words i had pulled a lot of plants from my favorites & had them all over the screen while i was picking and choosing what i wanted to include in the design. as a result the program was chewing up memory.

It seems to help if you flatten parts of the design that you know you will not be changing. this uses less memory i think.

Not sure i explained it right but it has worked for me.

Your best bet is to email or call them.

Glenn

5. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

i bought it last year and a new lap top at same time. No problems with it except it was tough at first for me to use due to im not much with computers.
    Mike

6. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

It will keep crashing on you if you didnt register it.
    Did you register it yet?

7. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

I use version 12 regularly with no problems. I did have a computer built that seemed to be overkill at the time, but manages all I need to do quite well. If you are having difficulty, contact Drafix, they are very helpful and prompt.

Kirk

8. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

I've used version 10 with no problems, it just took some time to learn how to use it

9. nlminc

from GA

Drafix as been very responsive to my emails. Still haven't found out what's causing the slow down. I emailed them the file and they told me I was using shadow too much. I was using the depth shadow option on all my plants. They think that may be it, but it still slows after I disable it. I personally think the plants look more realistic with the depth shadow on.

I have 1024 Ram!! The program says it needs 512. Do I need more? Pro 12 is the only program I've run thru this computer so far, it's new.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

Love the program...... besides this issue I'm having. Want to get to the bottom of this!

How much memory are you all running this program with?

10. mexiking

mexiking LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

I have 1 gig of DDR ram and it runs pretty good, I've been using it since V9 and it has pissed me off here and there because once in a blue moon it will just crash and you're screwed if you didnt save your project. Other than that, it usually doesn't slow down.