1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Landscape project...

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mkwl, Aug 3, 2006.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Here's the latest landscape project of mine. I dug out 4 cu yds worth of dirt and weeds from the area between the curb and fence to a depth of 3". I then put down landscape fabric, and the river rock stone. The areas I worked on were; 3'x110', and 3'x53'. I had 3 cu yds of 1-3" diameter river rock delivered to the site, and spread it in the area I dug out. Turned out really well IMO! I did the job in 8 hours, in the 105 degree heat we've had for the past few days in NJ.

Here's the before and during pics:

land before 1.jpg

land during 2.jpg

land during 3.jpg

land during 4 wt.jpg

land gravel 6.jpg
  2. mkwl

Here's the after pics:

land after 8.jpg

land after 9.jpg

land after 10.jpg

land after 11.jpg

land after 12.jpg
  3. mkwl

Here's one more after pic, and a pic of my trailer full of 4 cu yds of dirt and weeds...weighed about 2,100 lbs, trailer is rated at 1,500 lbs max...can you say overloaded!

land after 13.jpg

land dirt 7.jpg
  4. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

nice idea i hope you cleaned that edge up... j/k i know you did
  5. exmark72

exmark72 LawnSite Member

looks good a little over loaded on the trailer though. where did u get premission from to put up cones and interfer with traffic patterns. just wondering
  6. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

probably not that busy of a street but that definetly caught my eye too
  7. mkwl

Thanks for the posts guys....keep 'em coming! exmark 72-I got permission for the cones from the Police Department in the town the project was in.
  8. Jamesgateslandscaping

Jamesgateslandscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Disrupt traffic...We're the kings of that...just be careful though, I commend you for the cones and being safe:weightlifter: :clapping:
  9. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

i like using traffic cones!! That looks really nice, i did something like that last fall for one of my clients, except it was a four foot wide section by about 50 ft. long, but, i didn't really have to dig anything out first though. that came out nice!! good job, im guessing your in the same boat i am where your parents dropped off the trailer and your equipment for you and then came back and got it afterward.
  10. mkwl

Thanks MCW and everyone else! Yup, my Grandpa dropped me off with my trailer, and my Mom picked me and my trailer up...works fine for now....I'll get my liscence in less than a year...I have my permit now...:cool2: