Landscape Renewel

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by peapod1125, Apr 6, 2011.

1. peapod1125

peapod1125 LawnSite Member

Hey all,

I am bidding this job. I have to remove all the shrubs and trees you see in the pictures. I then need to plant some different types of smaller trees and shrubs. Its more of a renewel to give the place a better look. I was thinking maybe dogwood or something. I have a few ideas. I then have to mulch or stone the area. My question is what do you all charge to remove trees and stumps and planting new. Price of tree not included, as I know that varies. I know how to estimate mulch and stone. I am just looking for some estimate options and tree and shrub ideas. I live in western Pa.

The trees can not get to big to fast. Thanks in advance

storage 002.jpg

storage 003.jpg

storage 004.jpg

storage 005.jpg

storage 007.jpg

2. jhouchins

jhouchins LawnSite Member
    from East TN

I would go with something evergreen. Emerald Green (thuja Arborvitae) is a good one that doesn't get real big. Grows about 6''-1' a year. Max out arounf 10-14'. Very narrow growers.

Those yews will come out pretty easy. Those trees however look nice and healthy and won't come out to easy without a big machine. It really depends on your method of removal. If you are just using a shovel, hatchet, ect.. (hand tools) Then I wouldn't sell yourself short on this one.

Good luck

3. greenstar lawn

greenstar lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Why would you need hand tools? Hook them up to your truck and yank them suckers out.

4. jhouchins

jhouchins LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Those aren't gonna just pull right out of there with a normal size pick up. You will have to do a little digging to them and loosen them a little. They look pretty established.