1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Landscape software: Before and after pics!!! Lets see what you can do.

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by instyle, May 21, 2007.

1. instyle

instyle LawnSite Senior Member
    from Canada

I am seriously considering buying a program like pro landscape. But before I shell out the money, I would like to see what it is capable of.
    Can you show us some of you old creations you have done with a software program?
    I am most interested in image editing?

Thanks a lot.

2. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

How about before pics, design pics, and built pics?

There are a ton of design websites out there that offer this service. Almost none of them ever show a picture of the built work. Many times you'll see things that look perfectly right in the design photo, but then when you look at the original photo you see that it can't possibly work (most often grade changes, but also misrepresentation of space). I see a lot of people fool themselves as well as the client with these softwares.

3. instyle

from Canada

Nobody has any? I thought people used these type of programs. Someone has to have some somewhere.

4. instyle

from Canada

I am not looking for ideas by any means....just looking to see what the program is capable of.

I though more people used thgese programs.

5. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

have you done a search? I've seen quite a bit posted on these forums... it doesn't look like anyone's biting here.

6. prizeprop

prizeprop LawnSite Senior Member

When I do a computer design, I make sure the customer is aware that its just a general design and plants can change upon availability.Usually the high dollar plants or a desired plant requested doesnt change unless run by the customer first.The customer is also made aware that if they want to hire a designer for big bucks and give me the plan thats fine too.Ill try to post a small job I just did.

IMAGE205.jpg

IMAGE206.jpg

Berlin.JPG

7. prizeprop

This a design I just did and hasnt been installed yet, as you can see it needs more plants than shown and thats just the general foundation design which will be fitted with filler plants as we see fit at time of install.The customer is made aware of this.

IMAGE194.jpg

guido.JPG

8. instyle

from Canada

What programs were you guys using?

9. oak1787

oak1787 LawnSite Member

I like this one god job.....what program are you useing for that one?

10. prizeprop

Designware from Design Imaging group.