1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

landscape software??

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lawnbridge, Oct 4, 2007.

1. lawnbridge

lawnbridge LawnSite Member

Is there any good landscape software for cheap out there? Just can't fork over $500 right now.
  2. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

I Use Realtime Landscaping pro...Its a good deal.
  4. grntmbfisher

grntmbfisher LawnSite Member
    from NH

im gonna be picking up Realtime Landscaping Pro soon ive used the trials and really like it. plus it's only $99 with shipping. check out http://www.ideaspectrum.com .
  5. lawnbridge

lawnbridge LawnSite Member

Thanks I will look it up

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

You need to get landscape pro with image editor. Granted it is $1,400, you will pay for it with in your first job or two. That is if you are building yourself enough profit. I will win every bid i go up against that has been hand drawn or drawn flat. I show the customer a picture of what it will look like, and they ask where to sign. literally.
  7. yamadooski

yamadooski LawnSite Senior Member

Wow I try to keep it a secret that I have this LP in my area so I have atleast an edge on getting the job.
    What is going to happen when every tom dick and harry has this program?
    Guess what, no advantage and you will not be landing every job.

I saw them at our local tradeshow last weekend and I was ticked.

Honestly I think anyone in the landscape or lawn mowing biz are ******** to get on a forum such as this and spill all the secrets of the biz.

No wonder there are so many LCO's

What other business can you get on the web and find out everthing so the customer has a leading edge.

I never tell a customer what my hourly wage is or what my formula is for pricing landscape jobs. But everyone gets on here and brags about how much they make or how to bid a job and how much to charge.

Ya alot will say like its really gonna matter cause Im a 1000 miles away from Florida or anyother state. But dont you think there are alot of people on here that just read and never post a thing?

Why am so angry right now? Cause I have been doing this for 16 years and while my lawn biz is going down the tubes cause of the bad economy and every dick head starting a lawn biz. I thought i had the landscaping to fall back on. Well pretty soon not anymore cause everyone will have some sort of program. I even saw someone elses pictures and the customer wanted me to underbid the other guy just cause part of the work is already done. All I had to do was pick up the lousy plants and put them in. And its not even my design. I told him to go blow.
    But I can start to see this happening more often in the future.

Flame suit is on Fire away.
  8. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

Okay I'll bite.

So you can have the opinion that the landscape field was your fallback and that is okay. How about the landscapers that don't do lawn care and see you coming into "their" field. Isn't the pot calling the kettle black here?
  9. LB1234

LB1234 LawnSite Gold Member

I agree, you WILL get that money back within the first/second job. Its a great sales tool and its very easy to use and I haven't been able to take any of the training classes yet.

Even better, you can provide the customer with multiple looks and/or multiple budgets without spending that much more time in the office. You basically can hand the client a brochure of ideas and plans.
  10. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't sweat it. Owning a program doesn't make you a designer. Sharpen your skills, sell yourself well, and you aren't competing with everyone else.