1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

landscape supply

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lhall, Sep 5, 2002.

1. lhall

lhall LawnSite Member

I received an email the other day about home depot opening a new store called landscape supply in Atlanta. It is supposed to have commercial grade lawn equipment and I was wondering if anyone new anything about this.
  2. TurfGuyTX

TurfGuyTX LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW

It's suppose to serve both do it yourself and commercial customers. It will have more room for more variety than stand alone Home Cheapos. Only a few test stores from what I've heard.
  3. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yes, that is correct.

The three prototype stores will be located in Atlanta Georgia where Home Depots headquarters are located.

These stores will be targeting the "landscape professional".

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

If these stores are anything like their catalog operations, stay away!!!!!! You'd do better going with J-Thomas.

5. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe you may be talking about the Landscaper's Supply Company. While they do have stores located throughout the Northeast, they are not affiliated with the Home Depot. The landscape supply stores that HD are experimenting with are similar to their Expo Design Centers, however geared toward landscaping instead.
  6. ProCut

ProCut Guest

ROAD TRIP!!!!! :blob4:
  7. TurfGuyTX

from DFW

There are probably better solutions closer to you. :D
  8. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

we have a couple landscaper supply stores around here. Its not really that close so i dont go much, but they carry many parts and supplies commercial landscapers would need. Ive seen a few of their walkbehinds and ztrs out there, but havent heard too many approvals about them. They have a few deals for people just starting out(packages for walkbehind or ztr, trimmer and backpack blower).
  9. TurfGuyTX

from DFW

These are Home Depot stores, not the Landscaper's Supply catalog people. There seems to be confusion on this subject.
  10. Hodge

Hodge LawnSite Senior Member

That is correct these are not Landscape Supply, but Home Depot stores that will sell supplies for home owners and for the commerical accounts. There was an announcment on the Lesco web page stating the agreement between them and Home Depot to supply weed control and other fertilization products for the home owner in their new stores. They are scheduled for 3 in Atlanta GA first with another one schedule to open in Arlington TX in Dec of 2002.