landscape trailers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by danlawnser, May 30, 2001.

1. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have a landscape trailer from the company Performance Trailer. These trailers have the high sides. Or do you think a normal open trailer(side height of about a foot) would be better.

2. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

3. I have a 5 1/2 x 12 Performance trailer. Very overbuilt unit with
    thick steel frame and real leaf springs with straight axle.
    It weights 900 lbs empty.

IMHO they are the best small affordable trailers on the market.

4. TFL

TFL LawnSite Member

performance builds very good trailer i know from expierince. he makes one that better than the landscape it haas solid sides and tool boxes for trimmers up front everything small can be totally oct of the weather

5. i have a performance trailer and love it. it is 6 1/2' x 16' probably one of the best investments i have ever made. just the other day i had a new holland 170 skid steer on there. it worked just great. i haul gravel on there and just about whatever else i can think up. i really love it. however i understand where you guys come from with the enclosed trailers. i paid 2300 for mine, tandem axle, electric brakes both axles, pintle ring, breakaway thing, gate, etc.

6. BobbyBcuttin

BobbyBcuttin LawnSite Member

I've never delt with the performance trailers,but when i ran a open trailer my first year i built 4 foot sides on it but it only took me a couple months to figure out for every day lawn maintance that the tall sides were just in the way,it was just a real hassle to need to get in and out of a open trailer and have to open the gate every time insted of just hoping over the side.The only time the tall sides worked really well was for hauling large amounts of limbs and leaf removal.I now run a 8*18 enclosed for every day maintaince and use a 6*16 open for a other type jobs.