landscape truck or family car for estimates?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, Nov 15, 2003.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

we have two trucks for landscaping, both are old, not great to look at, but serve thier purpose well. wife has a brand new car for her and the kids. i tend to use the new car when giving estimates, or meeting with clients for the first time. do you guys use the family car, or landscape truck for estimates?

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

I use one of my trucks bobby...but in your case, if the truck looks kind of beat, I would take Mrs. G's car. There is truth in 1st impressions btw.

3. GardenTech

GardenTech LawnSite Member

Get one of those Magnetic Signs for your wife's car and you'll look even More Pro...
    and don't forget to throw the kids' car seat in the trunk!

4. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

you really think? signs for her car? hmmm, shes gonna love this

5. GardenTech

GardenTech LawnSite Member

The Magnetic signs are removable...just a thought.

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Magnetic signs for your trucks ok. For the family car? Not unless you want to look like a Real Estate agent, delivering Dominoe's Pizza, or something along that line.

7. BravesFan

BravesFan LawnSite Member

I use the wife's 4-runner for estimates and passing out flyers(knee couldn't handle my F-150's 5spd stop and go for hours straight).

Dennis

8. Cheesedawg1

Cheesedawg1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from NJ

Car? Truck? What about the bike? :D

9. ElephantNest

ElephantNest LawnSite Bronze Member
    from La.

I used the car until I lettered my truck. Now I take the truck, both dorrs and back window lettered. I hate the way magnetic signs look on anything.

10. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

Would about a cheap paint job on one of the trucks, new rims, and some signs?
    I know how you feel, I used a old 70 chevy for a year after I quit working with my old partner, and it sucked! I bougth a new truck and the thing pays for it self, Customers are impressed, Ive had guys tell me they are giving me the job because I drive a new truck and the last guy drove a beater. Just something to think about.