1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

landscape truck

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by lawnboy82, Mar 7, 2001.

1. i looked at a new truck today; right now i have a 95 f150 xl 2wd with 98,000 miles on it
    i looked today at a 2001 f550 xl with a/c 11' rugby mason dump with fold down sides (gonna weld the sides up high though and make a removable roof) gotta get gang boxes too
    9' fisher plow gonna get a sander
    it has a pintle / ball coupler w/ a 7 prong electric hookup
    what else? they want right now with tax and plates: 48,000 that is just for the truck / plow / dump body ( i would have to pay more for the sander / high sides / gang boxes what do you guys think of this price? and just what i can do with it. i figure i am gonna get it and do tree work a couple of days a month ( a lot this spring though) plow in the winter / cut grass 2 days a week / do mulch and gravel / haul fertilizer / and whatever else i can come up with. so let me know what you think? later
  2. Kansas Turf Man

Kansas Turf Man LawnSite Member

I just bought a new F-350 crew cab lariat, with dual rear wheels, 4x4, and every option available from the factory. I think 48,000 is a fairly good price for and F-550 If you can go through a land bank or and ag lending company. Many times they can get you a great deal. I Just paid $35,910 for my truck that was aver $43,000 at a dealer. I got it for 2% below invoice.:) It was a great deal. The only downfall is that I have to wait between 8 and 14 weeks for it to come in. Worth it in my opinion. Pictures of it will be on my site the day it comes in.

Hope this helps

Best of Luck.