Landscaper Attacked By Alligator

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by T Edwards, Jul 15, 2005.

1. T Edwards

T Edwards LawnSite Member

2. Bulletproof

Bulletproof LawnSite Member

All I can say is WOW. Lucky guy.

I'm glad we don't have those on the job hazards here.

3. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Last year a woman who did landscaping on Sanabel Island, in FL died of an alligator attack. So it does happen.

4. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

S.O.B. My company name resembles his. Mine is Kelly Green Lawn Care, his is Kelly Green Lawnscapes. BUT...there are NO gators up here, Thank God. I wish that guy all of the luck possible. Hope that he takes care.

5. KINGjosh

KINGjosh LawnSite Senior Member

I seen something on TV about that attack. She died of a bacterial infection.
    I'm always having nightmares of aligators too!

6. NNJLandman

NNJLandman LawnSite Bronze Member

Just today in Fort Meyers Florida Area a landscaper was working and jumped in a canal to cool off due to it being extremely hott down here now(im on vacation down this way for the week)and was attacked and killed by an Alligator. They captured and killed the gator that got him.

Jeff

7. After reading that I won't complain about yellow jackets again.

8. Southern Pride Lawn

Southern Pride Lawn LawnSite Member

9. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

I was mowing a lawn a couple of years ago and as soon as I turned the wb into the back yard there was a 6ft gator right in front of the mower. I reversed the wb(gotta love hydro) and the gator followed the mower and stopped at the gate didnt even try to jump back into the canal. I didnt cut the back yard and the gator was destroyed later that day. The game warden said someone had obviously been feeding this one.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic