Landscaper brand Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mark, May 4, 2001.

1. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Landscaper model. 61" 23hp Kaw two five gallon tanks, twin independent hydro systems with two filters,7ga deck,sells for 5299.99 52" sells for 4999.99. There walkbehinds Hydro 48" 3299.99 52" sells for 3449.99 and the 61" for 3999.99. They look something like a scag or dane. They sure have a good price, must be a new co. But they E-mailed me so i thought i would just post this to see if anyone has ever tried these ZTRs. Marks Mowing Service

2. WILSON BROS.

WILSON BROS. LawnSite Member

they are made (i believe ) by black rock manufacturing. At least the parts according to the catalog are the same. I havent been on one but have seen them used. they seem good though.

3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Search Landscaper Supply for opinions on their mowers. I know there are a few out there.

jeffyr

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Landscaper Supply owns Black Rock. I called Black Rock's phone number one time and the guy answered the phone "Landscaper Supply". Are the mowers any good? It's hard to tell. When I was shopping for my "Z" I inquired about the Landscaper Z. I wanted to actually look at the mower but since the nearest dealer was hundreds of miles away that wasn't possible. So I sent quite a few minutes on the phone with Landscaper Supply. I asked them to send me more info on the mowers and some pics of the underside of the mower deck. All the guy kept saying was to look in the catalog and that everything I needed to know was there. My tag line will explain what I thought about that.

5. jdseven

jdseven LawnSite Member

I just recieved my landscapers supply catalog has anyone had any problems when ordering from them? They sure have lots of toys in their catalog. Thanks

6. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

I don't know anything about the Z, but the belt drive W/B I have has been awesome. I'm not going to spend 6 grand on a machine I can't try unless somebody I trust gives a thumbs up. Not that 2 grand is chump change to me, but it seemed worth a try and it worked out.

I order parts for all my machines from them, and have had good service. It's harder doing things over the phone, so make sure you and the sales person are talking about the same thing.