Landscaper Connection

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TGCummings, Oct 11, 2000.

1. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Hey Folks,

I'm looking to make some online purchases of supplies, and after searching through Northern, Alamia, Landscapers Supply, etc., the one site I found that had all I need in one quick order (and free shipping!) is Landscaper Connection (http://www.landscapers.com). However, after a brief Search at Lawnsite, I found no apparent messages containing info on this place. As I value your opinions greatly, I thought I'd ask if anyone else has ordered from this site and if you were satisfied with your purchase/service.

Anything you got would be greatly appreciated, as there are several items I need immediately and would rather not drive around to store after store picking 'em up, or site after site to order 'em. I prefer one-stop shopping when I can get it. ;)

Thanks in advance!

-TGC

2. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The one time I ordered from them all of the stuff I ordered showed up in one large crushed box. Air filters were crushed, grease tubes bent up etc. etc. I ordered 2 Veri trimmer heads that were supposed to be the same. One had a right hand thread, 1 had a left hand thread. The Gator Mulchers I got from them turned out to not exactly be Gator Mulchers, the wings were turned in the opposite direction from Gators and they didn't work worth a darn. I only buy parts from my dealer or Landscaper Supply now.

3. helodude

helodude LawnSite Member

I looked into Landscape Connection. I buy my parts and goodies, either from a local dealer or J Thomas Dist. they have a web-site, pricing is a couple of dollars cheaper from J Thomas. I have never had a problem with them.

4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I have ordered from Landscaper Connection before. I guess I'm the lucky one that hasn't had any problems!

5. TGCummings

Thanks, folks, for the replies. I believe I'll go with majority here and skip on LC for my supplies. I'll go ahead and get what I can from my local dealer and OSH, and order through one of the preferred online sites for the things I can't find locally.

Thanks again!

6. TGCummings

The Gator Mulchers I got from them turned out to not exactly be Gator Mulchers, the wings were turned in the opposite direction from Gators and they didn't work worth a darn

Had to bring this back up to ask another question: Which way are they supposed to point? I got my 'gator' blades from my local dealer, but the quizzical look on his face when I called them that lead me later to believe he hadn't heard the term before. I suspect I may have psuedo-gators myself, and am tempted to order a couple from Landscaper Supply just to satisfy my curiosity.

So, my question is:

Which way should the gators be pointing? Mine point out toward the deck...

-TGC

7. Kevin

Kevin LawnSite Member
    from S.E. PA

Though I would try landscapers supply for myself. Will stay with http://www.mowmore.com Customer service is important to me.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

TGCummings wrote:

{Which way should the gators be pointing? Mine point out toward the deck...}

I'll assume you're talking about the outside of the deck. Yes, this is the correct direction for Gators. Real Gators also have an alligator stamped into them.