1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Landscaper Exchange Program (Like Student Exchange)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PetalsandPines, Nov 27, 2002.

1. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines LawnSite Member

As I sit here in Denial that the landscape season is approaching it's demise, I wonder if you southern landscapers want to take us northerners in on a "Landscaper Exchange Program"...You could be like the "Host" Family, and we could work for peanuts and learn some "southern" landscaping........We will call it "Adopt a Landscaper"...Then I can get out of this miserable frozen tundra!! (I don't know why I am in such denial of winter this year) normally it doesn't bother me (the cold / snow / plowing) Heck, I'll even buy a sombrero (Sp?) and bring a bottle of tequila:D
  2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Ha! This reminds me of my "vacation" I took about 5years ago. I took off, by myself, Christmas day, and headed for Florida to see some friends in the Clearwater/Tampa area. When I got down there, my friend that I was going to stay with and owns a grounds maintenance co., ended up a little short on help. So, guess how I ended up spending my vacay. You guessed it. Tied to a Dixie Chopper all day most of the days I was there. AtLEAST he didn't make me trim!:p I don't think all the other guys appreciated me just coming in and being able to use one of the mowers, but after they got to know me and found out a bit more about my outfit and such, they warmed up a bit. That was a great feeling planting a tree on January 2nd. I remember making a point of saying something about that right when I planted it.:cool: That WAS a GREAT time! We certainly made the best of it!