Landscaper exploring lighting options

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by snap12.5, Jan 6, 2014.

1. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I've been a landscape designer for almost 20 years now and am just getting into landscape lighting. I want to install a system at my house first and was looking around to see who I should buy from. I need a transformer, 3 path lights and 1 spot light. I don't like to go with cheap stuff so the "Malibu" types are out of the question.

I got my contractor pricing set up on Volt but was wondering what other places would you guys go to get a small system as my own?

Thanks

2. hydemow

hydemow LawnSite Member

John Deere landscapes is were we buy all our lighting

3. starry night

starry night LawnSite Silver Member

Cascade Lighting (distributor for many brands) Akron
    John Deere Landscapes Richfield or North Canton
    Wolf Creek Co. Oakwood Village (Cleveland)

4. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

If wanting to buy locally, try one of your irrigation houses such as John Deere, (Don't know if you have a Ewing or Kenney there. Several brands to buy. For distribution brands, I like FX, Unique, advantage or Vista.

If going on-line: VOLT, Cascade (as Phil mentioned), FOLD 'Florida outdoor lighting"-Ask for AJ

Just to name a few.

Good luck on your 1st system. 4 lights will be a piece of cake for you with your background in landscaping.
    I would recommend using LED- it will make your life easier and be sure to use good wire connectors and not just
    some wire nuts. If you have any questions, there is a wealth of information in the lawn site archives- or just ask.

5. hydemow

hydemow LawnSite Member

I would say to use the same weather protected wire nuts for irrigation or low voltage connectors

6. snap12.5

snap12.5 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Thank you! It seems LED makes the most sense so that is the route I'm taking. I guess even for my small system (3 path lights, 1 spot light, transformer and cable) it's going to cost over $400. Hopefully it last forever!