Landscaper Killed

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cpel2004, Jun 21, 2007.

1. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

Today there was a 44 y.o. landscaper killed by dry lighting. It wasn't raining but the gentleman was standing by a tree. The lighting hit the tree and he was killed instantly. Most lighting strikes occur between the first and the last strike it doesn't have to be raining for it to be deadly. Becareful!

2. Vikings

Vikings LawnSite Bronze Member
    from canada

What a way to go...

I would like to go like that, but I would want to be on TV.

3. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Are you serious? That is just plain nuts.

Were there any storms even in the area like within 10 or 20 miles of him?

4. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

From my understanding they were head his way but it was still some what cloudy with any sign of thunder. He was doing an install for his customrs of 20 years. Wow having one customer for twenty years.

5. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

wow, such a shame.

6. KTO Enterprises

KTO Enterprises LawnSite Bronze Member

That is sad.

This is kinda off the topic but there were 9 firefighters killed in a furniture store fire about an hour from me in charleston the other night. It is the worst fire personnel tragedy since 9-11. Please keep their families in your thoughts.

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The sad part is almost every one of us, myself included, have rolled the dice and continued mowing when lightning was present.

I also want to point out that all lightning strikes, except for the first and last strike, occur between the first and last strike.

8. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

Wow, what a tragedy. I wonder how the customers are taking it? 20 years in this business is a lifetime to have a customer.

JP