Landscaper mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnranger44, May 21, 2003.

1. lawnranger44

lawnranger44 LawnSite Senior Member

has anybody ever heard of a mower called landscaper. I'm pretty sure they make a 48" and a 36" wb. I'm thinking of buying a 36" but not quite sure yet. A friend of mine (who also owns a lawn business) said that Landscapers are just as good as Exmark. I'm not sure about that but i could use some opinions. If you have ever owned or heard of a landscaper please reply if they are good.

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

No dealer website links in posts.

Thanks

3. chuckwk

chuckwk Founder
    from KC, MO

"Landscapers are just as good as Exmark"

BHAHAHAHAHA!! I think he might just be trying to make himself feel better about wasting his money.

You pay for what you get....

4. tailoredlook

tailoredlook LawnSite Member

Landscaper makes a 36 48 and 52 in both gear and hydro. They are cheaper than exmark or scag. the only problem is if it breaks down the only place to get parts is from a landscape supply store (they're the ones that make the landscaper) and if there ain't 1 in your area it take 2 weeks to get the part. Sold mine after 6 months. Also did not like the cut. No stripes.

5. The Mowing Madman

The Mowing Madman LawnSite Member

Try the Ferris line of machines they are made to WORK ALL DAY LONG. We Have the front mount 61" Pro-Cut 20 and soon the Hydro Walk Behind.These machines make the job EASY. S&S Lawn Service.................

6. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

I think they are from Landscaper Supply?

7. mowngrow

mowngrow LawnSite Senior Member

the only thing i can say about landscapers supply is they do put good motors on their units.........however the mowers are junk

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I have personally see them as well, but I am kind of wondering who would service these if they ever break down? Where is the closet dealer? I just don't think that it would be a wise decision.

9. Lawnboy5

Lawnboy5 LawnSite Member

spen the money and get a exmark

10. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Spend more now, get more in the long run. Buy an Exmark and put the rest behind you.