1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Landscaper or Bullsh*****

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by coolluv, Dec 27, 2007.

1. retrodog

retrodog LawnSite Silver Member

Oh, and something that I want to say, that probably would have helped someone like me. I never realized how much taxes are, I guess because we have never made that much money before, but YOU NEED TO SET ASIDE BETWEEN 28 to 40 percent for taxes!!!! I never ever imagined paying that much !!! I am going to have to write a check for almost $50000 dollars before April!!!!! I almost had a heart attack!! My tax lady said she was going to try and find a few more things to help, but at this point, we are pretty close :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
  2. AGLA

AGLA LawnSite Bronze Member

You might want to talk to another accountant, just to make sure.
  3. TPnTX

TPnTX LawnSite Bronze Member

Fake it 'till you make it and pass up Dave like he was sitting still. Unless you're stupid, then you'll probably not make it ever.
  4. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

time for a new truck
  5. delphied

delphied LawnSite Silver Member

Thats an even better story than all the solos making 600 per day. SHAZAAAM!
  6. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

600$ a day...one guy..that can be done, and is getting done all the time. I once mowed 36 lawns in one day by myself @ an average of 30$ a pop. Do the math.
  7. delphied

If that took 12 hours that would be 20 minutes per lawn. Were they all lined up nicely?
  8. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

I showed up @ 6:00a for the first lawn, and got done around 7:45p.
    I wouldn't say lined up "nicely"...I new a guy that owned a lawn care company, who couldn't get all there residentals cut, and I helped out for a healthy price. Because they were in such a bad situation..After mowing each lawn..(keep in mind with all of my own gear) I wrote down what I would have charged for that lawn..and yep..he paid up for it. Needless to say I've havent heard form the guy since. It wasn't nice at all.
  9. delphied

But you say this is getting done all the time by solos .
  10. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

$ 600 for a solo is not that hard. i have a few commercial acounts that i can knock out in about 8 1/2 hours that gross $660... if i wanted to kill myself and work a 10 hour day i am sure i could gross another $125 /$150 easy. i just wish everyday was like that.
    i have decided to get back into the landscaping side of the business this year i made good money when i did landscaping... i just got lazy the last 2-3 years and didn't wanna do anything but mow..lol hell i didn't even wanna do that