Landscaper Supply Bad Qualities Only

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lsylvain, Jan 29, 2003.

1. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

This seems to be a popular post.

I am looking into the landscaper supply mowers. I sifted threw the past threads, but there is too many opinions and not enough hard facts.

I put another post up for the good things to keep things separated and more productive.

I ask that if you have a bad thing to say about them keep it based on facts. eg. "I had to replace my hydro pump 2 times in 3 years." not "my toro is better"

Thanks guys I think if we keep on the subject this will be a very helpfull thread for many people.

2. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes,
    Please tell me too I was also considering this.

3. Heavenly Green

Heavenly Green LawnSite Member

I was told that landscaper supply was going out of buisness. Now where are you going to find parts?

4. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

Stick with a more popular name brand(Scag, Walker, Toro, Exmark etc) for ease of finding parts & less headaches. If they reallly were that great i'd think there'd be alot of talk about them on this site.

:blob3:

5. KLMlawn

KLMlawn LawnSite Senior Member

I personally would not buy one, but from what I have heard, they do make a good walkbehind both in belt and hydro, but I would stay away from the ride-on ZTM ... it is junk.
    As to them going out of business ... I know they play the game of robbing peter to pay paul with their suppliers ... so that may very well happen in the future .... enough said.

6. lsylvain

anything else?

7. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just checked out Landscapers Supplys prices. There machines are not much cheaper than anything else.

36" Landscaper $1999

36" Metro $2199(others have posted they got their Metros for $1999)

I personally have nothing bad to say about Landscaper Supply. But when you buy a mower from an online company there is no dealer. Where are you going to turn when you have a major problem? Shop at some of your local dealers before making your choice.

8. lsylvain

I agree the walk behind prices aren't that far off from the others. But the ztr prices are quite low.

9. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

And quite UGLY.

10. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Look on ebay. Just saw a 36" WB for around $1300 if I remember correctly. This is for new, not used. I think the name on it was "Bradley". Same mower as Landscaper Supply as far as I know though.

Here it is. I was wrong though, it's a 32".

http://cgi.compuserve.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2305035783&category=20544