Landscaper supply Good Qualities only!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lsylvain, Jan 29, 2003.

1. lsylvain

lsylvain LawnSite Senior Member

Hi all I've been looking at the landscaper mowers. I've looked at the past threads.

to keep this thread productive I would really like it if only people with good things about the mowers post. there are plenty of bad things on the site already about them, and it's really hard to sift threw all the info to get an overall view when there are 1000 post and most of them say the same things over and over.

I put up a thread to post the bad qualitis separate to keep things easy.

To me they look like they are pretty tough and simple to work on.

I'm not sure that the lower price of them is a giveaway on quality, for one thing, I bet in the last 5 years I've been in business Exmark, Toro, and the rest, have spent a $1000 mailing me 10 page books on their products all the time. Not to mention does anyone really care that their mower is streamlined and has fancy looking handes and a drink holder.

This subject seems to be a popular one, so lets try and get to the answer.

thanks guys

2. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

"I'm not sure that the lower price of them is a giveaway on quality, for one thing, I bet in the last 5 years I've been in business Exmark, Toro, and the rest, have spent a $1000 mailing me 10 page books on their products all the time. Not to mention does anyone really care that their mower is streamlined and has fancy looking handes"

My first new mower was a 1997 LS 48" WB. The quality of cut was nowhere near the well used & abused 1983 Kees 48" WB that I also had at the time. I didn't have carpel tunnel syndrome before using that machine, and rarely feel it's effects since stopping using it 2 years ago. So I disagree that quality is not an issue with cheaper machines, and that handle style doesn't matter ;) That said, that machine was a great, cheap, start up unit that worked for me as a start up company. That machine taught me my first hard business lesson that you get what you pay for. If you have a lot of rough commercial work, then that is the unit I'd use. For high end residential or commercial, go for a better quality of cut machine. They may make them better (or worse) now, so my comments may not matter at this time, but I have given detailed posts with pros & cons of that machine in the past. Easy to get parts for & maintain\repair & took a lot of abuse with no major problems. Good luck.

3. lsylvain

anyone else?

4. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

LOL!

Hmmmm.... Maybe this should tell you something?!?!

5. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you did a search, and all you found was bad experiences, THEN WHY ARE YOU CONSIDRING BUYING THIS MOWER?:confused:

6. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Perhaps he thought or was hoping that the "good" would outnumber/outweigh the "bad"? Just a guess...

7. lsylvain

no actually I was sick of wasting my time reading pointless threads from people who don't own the machine.

8. devildog

devildog LawnSite Senior Member
    from sc

9. BRL

BRL LawnSite Bronze Member

That probably says most people here have heard about their reputation & didn't purchase them? There are some posts from people who actually owned them, with few good comments. So, either take the hint, or go buy one & learn about them the hard way for yourself. Then come back here & post so we can have a larger data base of info on them from actual users. Unfortunately some questions can't be answered here as thoroughly as others. Most here are using real commercial brands of equipment so it's hard to find comments about that mower brand.