Landscaper supply mowers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by plow kid, Feb 3, 2001.

1. plow kid

plow kid Banned

This spring I am gonna be buying a new hydro walk behind and was wondering if any of you have had any experience with these "landscaper" mowers, the prices are right $1100 less then my local scag dealer for a 48" with the same engine, letme know

Thanks
    Nate

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

There have been posts about the quality of these mowers, and the quality don`t seem to be as good as the name brand commerecial units(deck,pumps,etc.)I personally would not buy one form these companies because you will be insuring that you will have to buy replacement parts from them,and their prices aren`t that much cheaper(with the shipping and handling charges,and the quality of the machine.Plus what about waranty work or if repairs are needed, who will do this?

3. Mscotrid

Mscotrid LawnSite Bronze Member
    from USA

All i can say is buy your equiptment the way you sell yourself towards your customers.

Do you advertise yourself as the cheapest service around?

If you buy quality you will never go wrong

4. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Hydro pumps and motors are the same (Parker, Sundstrand) the engines may be the same depending on what you opt for. The decks on LS are copycat FMD which is the deck on the Scag. What you dont get with LS is highline engineering (balance, ergonomics etc) nor top quality spindles linkage etc. LS uses Chin Shen tires vs Carlisles on Scag.

If you are using the machine yourself shell out the extra bread. If you are going to chain a yard ape to the machine go with the cheaper one.

5. plow kid

plow kid Banned

Hey,

I kinda figured out that the engines and hydro setup was the same but i wanted somebody elses opinion on the equipment,i think i will just get a Scag insted, theres a dealer within 3 miles of here, and i have bought stuff there before.

Thanx
    Nate

6. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Whud du call me LOL

7. plow kid

plow kid Banned

i am on a verry tight budget this spring, 6k for equipment thats it.

8. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

Plow Kid,

I looked at one of the belt drive 48" from them.
    It's a knockoff--that's it. It handled jerky and your body would feel it after a short while. The extra money spent now will be extra money in your pocket later.

jeffyr

9. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

I was thinking of chaining one of my yard apes to a new mower this year and the 48" belt drive came across my desk (about $800 cheaper). Question - on belts, spindles, brakes etc... these parts look to be interchangeble with other manufacturers - but I can't tell from the literature/pics on website. Does anyone know if the parts are interchangeable? Thanks

10. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

About the only parts that are interchangeable between any mower brands are usually the engines, sometimes the transmissions and occasionally the wheels. That is unless the 2 different brands are built by the same company. On the hydro mowers there does seem to be some interchangeability (how about a vote for the longest word used on Lawnsite for me) between some of the hydraulic parts.