1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Landscaper Supply ZTR Mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by centrallawnmaintenance, Sep 17, 2004.

1. centrallawnmaintenance

centrallawnmaintenance LawnSite Member

I have been using my John Deere GS30 all season and love it and will not be getting rid of it anytime soon. I have been looking at getting another mower...with a wider deck. Has anyone had any experience with the Landscaper's Supply ZTR mowers or their Walk behinds? If so what do you think about these mowers? Thanks for all your help.
  2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I don't have personal experience, but I know a guy in town that bought a few years ago. When I seen the mower on his trailer, I asked how he liked it. He said it was just as good as any other walkbehind he had (toro, scag). But then I never seen it on his trailer again. I see him all the time and the landscaper supply mower has vanished.

Do a search, you will find that there are a few that say it is a good mower (but everyone says their mower is good). You will also find that there are way more negative post then positive,
  3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Landscaper Supply is selling or already has sold that part of their business. THIS IS FACT. It was up for auction on Ebay a couple of weeks ago for around 50k. If you buy a Landscaper Supply mower you do so at your own risk. Parts for these mowers will quickly become unavailable.
  4. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

I started with a landscaper supply 48" walk behind.It stripes surprisingly well but i had a lot of nuisance problems that would annoy the heck out of me.Its a very good beginner mower but not something i would choose if i were a well established company.

I dont know about the parts issue i never had a problem there... if the dealer didnt have a part i was looking for i could order it online and have it in a couple days.I still have this mower now its a good backup and use it often in the fall for leaf clean ups.