1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Landscaper Supply ZTR?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Soupy, Apr 21, 2002.

1. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Has anyone used one of these? I know a guy that bought 2 of their Walk Behinds, and he likes them. His reasons for buying them was because they matched his Scag ZTR and price. Anyway I was thinking about buying one of thier ZTR's for backup to my Dixie Chopper. But something tells me to stay away from them. I do have an dealer in town that is on their list to handle warraties. But when I called the dealer they told me they were signed on to handle warranty, but have never actually seen one of the mowers in person.

Any thoughts on this Low priced ZTR?

2. Barkleymut

Barkleymut LawnSite Bronze Member

Run like he!!

If I had a guy put that ugly mower on my front yard I'd fire him on the spot. That thing looks like a tank the Afganny's were using. I don't know how it runs because no one in their right mind would buy one. Good luck in making your decision.
  3. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

:eek: :eek:

and the other post [Barkleymut] Run like he!!

I would stay as far away from those things as I could.

I read a saying on here once that said " The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long After the Sweetness of a Low Price is Forgotten".......

Mabey you could find a good used ztr and that would be your backup.
  4. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

Thanks for the replys, I was told by the only guy I know that has ever bought one of their mowers that it was a decent mower. He had Walk Behinds though. He also has a couple of Scags and says they are pretty much the same. That's why I thought I would ask you guys what you think.

I'm looking for anyone that has hands on experience with them, Or atleast that knows of someone else that has.