1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

landscaper supply

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassgobbler, Dec 27, 2001.

1. grassgobbler

grassgobbler LawnSite Member
    from TN

has anyone bought any mowers from landscapersupply.com? they are cheap, but you know how that goes. i would appriciate any response.
  2. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas LawnSite Bronze Member

Grass gobbler - use the SEARCH feature to do a search for threads on the subject. I know there's been quite a few related threads. Good luck.
  3. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

I've received their catalogs, and the prices are eye catching but if you start looking for a new mower ,going to your local dealer is just as cheap.Also my question is what happens when they need repairs done?Good Luck and welcomt to LAWNSITE!:D
  4. plow kid

plow kid Banned

5. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I've bought lots of stuff from them- blades, filters, ect... I've never had any problems with them. As a matter of fact, sometimes they call me up, to see if I was satisfied with their services. I would never purchase a piece of gas powered equipment from them. What do you do when theres a problem?
  6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

ive had some problems with them. i havent bought any gas powered equipment, but ive needed tools like mattuxes etc. each time i went in for a tool, they wouldnt have it. so, hed order it from me. i mean you can get most hand tools anywhere. it took over two weeks each time for him to get the tools in. if you are a supply place, you should be able to do better than that. i just go to a local hardware store now, cause they always have the tools i need.
  7. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I think it would be better to build a relationship with a dealer, especially if you are just starting out and don't have much equipment. If you purchase from a local dealer and the product goes down, they will usually loan you a replacement until your product is repaired.

8. thelawnguy

thelawnguy LawnSite Silver Member

Bob doesnt carry that stuff because the True Value across the street carries it cheaper than he can. FYI.
  9. We have bought blades and parts but never a machine
    I agree with walker -talker buy from a dealer they will if they are a good one take care of you.
  10. SJR Lawncare

SJR Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a backpack blower from them 2 years ago. Still runs good, & most importantly, it has paid for itself many times.