landscapers do not have a clue

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by greg6775, Aug 24, 2004.

1. greg6775

greg6775 LawnSite Member
    from ky

landscapers should not be treating yards they have no business on how to apply fert or weed control many of you will be fined by the epa if you have any fert just 1 bag of fert laying in your truck you will be fined for it i have worked for them for many years and sprayed for 10 years now i own my own spray business to many landscapers trying to take that away but have no clue on what there doing i feel sorry for the cust that they are treating epa is out and looking so better make sure you have operator lic and million dollar insurance pol and all your sheets the fine is not pretty

2. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

I'd like to buy a period, please (.)

3. greg6775

greg6775 LawnSite Member
    from ky

sorry was in a hurry

4. Tvov

Tvov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Is there a particular reason / situation that made you post this? Or are you just ranting during lunch?

5. TSM

TSM LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA

well, ya know, they can go into any lesco...have a sales person behind the counter that may or maynot have a clue, and suddenly everyone is an expert

Know what i have a problem with, the guy who really doesnt know how to use his string line trimmer. so he scalps all the edges..along driveways, streets, beds, etc etc...then we have to answer to why the crabgrass is such a problem
    *sigh*

6. greg6775

greg6775 LawnSite Member
    from ky

nah just telling the truth does it hurt

7. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

So I will be fined for having one bag of fertilizer in my truck??

8. greg6775

greg6775 LawnSite Member
    from ky

yes you will guess you havent heard of all the people being fined for that no licen no fert in company truck

9. Ken Kesey

Ken Kesey LawnSite Member
    from Here

"Landscapers" is a broad term. Many landscapers are licensed to spray, also.

I think you need to step down from your thrown and take a bite out of a reality sandwich.

10. greg6775

greg6775 LawnSite Member
    from ky

go cut some grass how hard