*^*++# landscapers / gardeners

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by duckworth, Jul 9, 2012.

1. bcg

bcg LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tx

Easier to fix a drip line than to relocate or change out the heads and then make sure that the backflow protection is still compliant (if you're using AVB or PVB) and you never need to worry about the bed filling in too much.

Drip is the better answer for planting beds, with annuals being the only real exception.

2. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Drip is great in that situation, until everything becomes so overgrown and crowded. Then you have to repair a line in the middle of the bed, you get yelled at for digging up their flowers and trampling their ground cover. For large beds, with a ton of plantings, I prefer heads watering the entire bed, as a maintenance point of view.

3. duckworth

duckworth LawnSite Member

Isn't common sense to plant smaller on the outside perimeter and bigger plants in the middle? . 20 x30 bed with lawn around all sides of bed

4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

SDI in beds ..... problem solved.

5. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

6. Micro spray is my MO. Lot easier to manage and trouble shoot. Run the blank 1/2" netafim against the borders to keep them out of harms way the 1/4" tube to the sprayers. If a 1/4" tube gets whacked it still waters the bed without screwing up the rest. Regardless bed watering should be done from below not above. Azaleas are the one shrub I added top spray for.

7. jvanvliet

jvanvliet LawnSite Gold Member

Actually, I prefer the rainbird 1/4" landscape brown drip line; most irrigators here water over to top