"Landscapers Keep America Beautiful" bumber sticker

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadsLawn, Oct 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRO-LAWN INC.

PRO-LAWN INC. LawnSite Member

The sticker is real nice but could you leave out LAWNSITE.COM
    a site for us to use hope thats not to harsh:D

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I hear an awful lot of arsez beginning to pucker at the thought of LS.com being on the sticker. I would not delete it, however, I would make it smaller so that you can pay homage to C.K. and his efforts and get some new blood flowing thru the 'ol site, yet not the LS look like an advertisement taking away from your statement.

I personally have not said anything that I am afraid of my competition finding out. I have been fortunate to compare notes with many of our re-bid competition this fall and I seem to be on the high-end of the middle bids - Thats FINE by me!!! :laugh:

I would not discourage the education of our competition yet bring them in here and see what they've got to offer and if they can run with the big dawgs - LOL!!! :cool:

Just my nickle.
    Kris

3. cp

cp LawnSite Senior Member

Let me know. I would like stickers and Tees. Maybe hats too.

Keep up the good work. Chris...

4. JJ Lawn

JJ Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I would like some of the stickers. And a couple of Tee's if they come about.

I also think that lawnsite.com should be omitted from the design. The idea of profiting from the misfortune of others does not set well with me. Monetary or advertising.

I bought some tee shirts the other day that were made for the Red Cross. The company that made them only recovered their expenses and the Red Cross got the rest. They did not have Red Cross printed on them at all. Just the tribute to the victims.

Jim

5. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Count me in for some stickers and t-shirts also depending on the price mabey 12 stickers and 2-3 shirts.

Nice Idea and I like them either way

6. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I didnt know something happened to lawnsite.com..

Look how many people took advantage of this misfortune..How many T-shirts do you see with American Flags on them now..How many did you see before??
    Look at all the cars on the road with American flags hanging off there windows since 9-11-01...How many did you see before??

If I wanted to make a huge profit off what happened I would have made them saying "Americans Keeping America Beautiful"....Hmmm maybe an Idea there...NOT...

I guess im gonna have to make my self clearer...
    Someone came up with the idea that someone should make bumper stickers that say "Landscapers Keeping America Beautiful" I read that thread and jumped on the Idea..I put lawnsite.com on there because Myself and many others are proud members of this lawnsite.If you are worried about competitors coming in here and getting Ideas and maybe taking your work from you, then you must not be doing a good enough job.I put 9/11/01 on there because myself and many other LCO's will never forget that day of Terror..

I am not gonna take off the lawnsite.com unles Chuck wants me to..I found out who my true customers were when I went into the hospital back in June for 7 days..I thank them everytime I see them for understanding what happened and for them staying with me..Customers like that are the ones who get that little extra done for FREE..

Ill be lucky if I make .25 off each sticker sold..

So please guys/gals understand I spent alot of time making this to represent everyone in our line of work.In the America's(north and South).This has nothing to do with the terrorist attacks..

7. kutnkru

Okay Chad hows about this???

If you want to pay homage to this site, and you want to utilize your patriotic right, you need to make some minor adjustments IMHO.

1. The words of the sticker (the landscape part) should run the length of the sticker and be the biggest thing on it.

2. Instead of putting In Memory Of how about Never Forget. This way people will not see this or confuse this with the demise of lawnsite. That was moms first impression who is a HUGE FAN of organic gardening. Place this same set-up into the upper right hand corner with a medium sized font that is about half the size of the first font.

3. Then I would place the lawnsite.com down in the lower right corner so that the sticker still has a fluidity about it. And once again I would have this font about half to 1/3 the size of the second font.

Just my ideas on how to make your sticker better. ;)

Kris

8. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

For those worried about LawnSite.com on a bumper sticker, just a straight edge and a razor blade will remove it. Then stick it on your truck.

9. kutnkru

:laugh:
    Thats a GREAT idea for those who have been posting here about how to overcharge their clients -LOL!!!
    :eek:
    My only qualm with this idea is to keep take away the congested look and to keep everything legible. Is this a landscapers sticker, a WTC sticker, or a LS.com sticker???

Its a Landscapers sticker that needs to incorporate the other two without having them overpower the intial message.

Kris

10. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I agree with Kris, and you Chad. I am a proud member of LawnSite, and would enjoy it on there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.