Landscapers Supply (Walk Behinds)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MWS LAWN, Feb 16, 2002.

MWS LAWN LawnSite Member

I just received a new catalog from Landscapers Supply. There w/b is on the front cover. To me they look like a Lesco. I have been reading some post and most of you dog Lesco. For me, The Lesco we run has been great. It's going into it's 6th season. I agree with you on the blow over, but we keep it clean. As far as the Landscaper's w/b has anyone used one? I know the price will be hard to beat- 1999.99 48" 14h.p. gear drive. Our mowers are worked hard and ran mostly all day. It's the same motor and tranny thats on our Lesco, just wanted some input. BTW they say it has been improved from past machines? Thanks.
  2. eslawns

eslawns LawnSite Senior Member

Use the search feature at the top of the page. There are a bunch of threads on this topic.
  3. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I have heard both good and bad about these machines but know of an outfit here locally that bought the last 4 Buyer's Gold Hydro mowers available at Sams Club over 3 seasons ago and these units are still on their trucks to date. The LCO paid a whopping $1999 for each 48" at closeout and wishes he could get more for that price.

IMHO any unit that has 14hp or less should only be on a 36. I even think that at the heavier growth times a 15hp on a 48 is a little light too -LOL!!!
  4. kerr lawn

kerr lawn LawnSite Member

since i put my 18hp twin kohler on my 48" hydro no problems here
  5. Dave

Dave LawnSite Senior Member
    from RI

my only problem would be ,who would fix it if it broke spindles cracks etc. excluding the engine as that could be fix by an authorized dealerand would they give you a loaner??on the other hand if you bought enough of them you could have your own loaner