1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Landscaping and Asphalt Repair ?

Discussion in 'Seal Coating Forum' started by LawnMowerKing10, Aug 5, 2010.

1. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

How many of you guys actually do landscaping ( mowing , leaf removal , bush trimming etc ) and also do driveway pavement work like crack sealing , and seal coating ?

2. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't do mowing, but I do lawn aeration, dethatching, fertilizers, small landscape, trimming, leaf removal and asphalt maintenance.

Why are you asking?

3. LawnMowerKing10

LawnMowerKing10 LawnSite Senior Member

I am wondering because I am thinking to add that to my services in a few years.

4. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

Why not? It's much more profitable then any other services.
    I don't know your area very well, in fact I have no clue where fairfax station is, but I would do some research before in your surroundings, your competition, your market, your supplier. It's good that you are thinking about adding it to you services in a couple years because that gives you plenty of time to do research.

5. blaryslawn

blaryslawn LawnSite Member

I actually just started doing aspalt sealing this year. I have been doing landscaping/grounds maintenance for over 7 years.. the asphalt sealing worked out well because of already having a good customer base on the grounds maintenance side. If you build a good repor with your customers and they trust you, they will go with all you have to offer.

6. shepoutside

shepoutside LawnSite Bronze Member

I do, but no run the two seperate from each other.