Landscaping Billing Carbon Copy by hand ?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mikefromny, Jan 14, 2007.

1. mikefromny

mikefromny LawnSite Member

last season i used the online, microsoft word invoice billing, im pretty good with computers but i found it to be a pain in the ass and id rather use the carbon copy method anybody order them online where it says your LCO name and list of what you do an columns and you just write out the price? if so what website , im def looking to do it this way this season , let me know
    -mike

2. jeffscap

jeffscap LawnSite Member

Most people don't use the carbon copy thing. Try this sight it's got all kind of office supply. www.nebs.com

3. tjsquickcuts

tjsquickcuts LawnSite Senior Member
    from Atlanta

Hand written carbon copies will become a pita also.....Having to write out all what you have done will begin to wear on you.....JMO....but are easy to keep track of if you have a good filing system....

4. hackitdown

hackitdown LawnSite Silver Member

I use the carbon copy system for proposals. The pad is always in the truck. I go look at a job, write up a price, tear out the copy for the customer, and just hand it to them, or leave it in the door. I keep the original in the pad for reference. Quick, easy, and instant proposal for the customer. If they call to have me do the job at a later date, I just flip back in the proposal stack to find the details of the job, and off we go. However, I probably only write 1 or 2 per week. I got mine at NEBS.

Sometimes, if they have me do work right then and there, I just write "Invoice" across the top and hand it to the guy. No computer/printer/envelope/stamp/post office/waiting. They have the bill, I have the money.

5. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

NEBS is a good company, back in the day before windows I used them for all my invoices and estimate sheets. Computers will save you time and money and track expenses and income better than carbon copy invoices.