Landscaping Business Program

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BW Landscaping, Mar 21, 2007.

1. BW Landscaping

BW Landscaping LawnSite Member

can anyone give some advice on bookkeeping...i have about 25 customers and i hate hand writing the bills, looks unprofessional. I am also tired of writing in books and such, there has got to be some sort of good program for the computer designed just for landscapers, i did do a search on google and got some ideas, but i was wondering what you all use
    thanks

2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Check out Lawn Pro Software its a good program and very affordable

3. BW Landscaping

anything else?? i want to know what everybody thinks so that i can get a good idea

4. NELawnCare

NELawnCare LawnSite Member

Quickbooks...hands down! You can get the lite version for $99 or the Pro version fo $140 right now ($190 w/$50 instant rebate). best tracking and invoicing software on the market, I think.

5. TKO Landscaping

TKO Landscaping LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I am also currently usingthis program also.

6. greatlawns

greatlawns LawnSite Member
    from NJ

QuickBooks for sure. I started out using an Excel spreadsheet and mailing out professional looking invoices from that, but as you grow it is impossible to maintain all of your invoices. Look at it this way, the cost of 1 or 2 missed invoices because you couldn't keep track covers the cost of the software. It takes a little getting used to, but some of the reporting you can get out of it really show you where you are and are not making money. Plus, if you are running a legitimate business;) it is much easier to give your accountant your financials in one easy file. No more counting up individual receipts...:)

Good luck!

7. bigtex

bigtex LawnSite Member
    from ma

I have DELUXE INVOICES AND ESTIMATES software I got for $40.00 from a STAPLES supply store. It creates basic invoices with your biz name and info, dates, descriptions of work you type in and prices you type in, the software basically gives you a invoice sheet and you fill in the spaces. Basic but very productive and simple to use. Looks acceptable too. KEEP IT SIMPLE! Good luck.

8. BW Landscaping

thanks guys........

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Don't forget about gopher software. www.getgopher.com You can get a 30 day trial. I just did and will be purchasing the plus software very soon!

10. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L LawnSite Member

I use this too. It works great for me. 55 winter customers & 20-25 summer. A few friends use it too.