Landscaping Cloth ?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by capetan, Oct 1, 2007.

1. capetan

capetan LawnSite Member

whats the best way to put down the landscaping cloth (sheets) whatever their called.... i generally dont use them but the customer is serious about it so i guess i putting down, i want it to look clean and neat

thanks

2. NC Greenscaper

NC Greenscaper LawnSite Senior Member

1. clean and remove debris 2. rake dirt smooth 3. fasten an end of the fabric to bed/planting area with sod staples or pins 4. stretch tight and staple along the length of fabric 5. cover with mulch, and plant your plants.

3. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

Find a new customer...

4. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC LawnSite Bronze Member

i agree with all that except i would plant the plants then cover with mulch as to not get dirt in mulch and promote weed growth. i would blow excess dirt off after planting then proceed with the finishing touches of the mulch

5. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

LOL I agree. If you do this job dont forget to put your weed preventer down before the fabric.

6. capetan

capetan LawnSite Member

i figured there was some sort of a pin or staple to tightly secure the fabric, where would i buy these pins and staples home depot ?

7. KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC LawnSite Bronze Member

ya Home Depot or Lowes sells they right next to the weed fabric

8. Focal Point Landscapes

Focal Point Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member

Buy sod staples at John Deere by the box - much better cost . The customer should be advised that weeds will be growing on top of the fabric within a short period of time , depending on the type of mulch used .

9. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto, or find a way to convince them of why it is not necessary and is a waste of money.

10. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

Landscaper's Fabric Is For Retail! I've Never Heard Of A Professional Increasing Overhead Without Results. That Is Exactly What This Stuff Does.