1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Landscaping companies

Discussion in 'Power Washing' started by socalkol, Feb 28, 2014.

1. socalkol

socalkol LawnSite Member

How many of the landscaping companies on this board do power washing too for their customers if request?

2. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

I offer it to my clients.

3. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have the money to invest in quality power washing equipment it's a great service to offer. I don't do it, I don't have time, but down the line I can see myself offering it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Stouffers Landscape

Stouffers Landscape LawnSite Member

I am considering getting into power washing starting this year. I want to get more into paver restoration and sealing. I already do a lot of paver and retaining wall installation, and I feel this might be a good addition to my services. A quality commercial power washer can run some serious cash though.

5. LR3

LR3 LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought a good commercial one, should be delivered tomorrow. This will be the first year offering the service. Hot/cold water pressure washing. I bought it to wash the salt off of the truck and equipment but it cost so much that I figured I will at least offer the service and possible make a little back in return. I'm completely lost on how to charge.

6. socalkol

socalkol LawnSite Member

Most contractors in the PW industry that I have seen charge based off of square footage and how much work the place needs. Your market dictates what that cost per square is due to your region. Guys in the northeast get benjamins for washing a house while alot of FL guys are fighting to actually just turn a profit due to all the hacks. Make sure you look into the proper procedures for pressure washing based on the surface. 3000+ PSI can do lots of damage if used wrong!

7. socalkol

socalkol LawnSite Member

Sealing/Restoration of Pavers would be a great addition. You can add a maintenance/warranty program to things you install!

8. LR3

LR3 LawnSite Senior Member

Posted via Mobile Device