landscaping design software

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JAX LANDSCAPING, Jul 15, 2007.

1. JAX LANDSCAPING

JAX LANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

hey guys,

i'm looking for a good design software that allows you to take a picture of the house to allow you to also delete any exsisting plants shrubs ect... i have one now that which only allows me to create landscaping on a bare house with no landscaping it was one of them cheap ones at office depot.

Thank you

Mike JAX LANDSCAPING

2. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Mike, have you looked at Pro Landscape? It is definitely not in the price range of office store software, but it is professional quality software for professional landscape designers. You can delete, or copy any features already existing and add plants, hardscaping structures and even additions to the home. If you are looking for an inexpensive program, sorry, I don't know of any with the features you are looking for.

Kirk

3. STRINGALATION

STRINGALATION LawnSite Senior Member

check my posts

4. Creter

Creter LawnSite Member

Is that software, Pro Landscape, available only through them do you know of?

5. Mike33

Mike33 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes, i have vol.12 and it is a direct deal thru Drafix. They now have vol. 13 i havent updated. Very good program, but it wont make a designer out of you. Thats where guys like Kirk go to work. I use the imaging editor mainly, even on simple new yard installs just showing the grass has landed me the job.
    Mike

6. Creter

Creter LawnSite Member

Ok, thanks Mike 33 for the taking the time to respond :)

7. Dreams To Designs

Dreams To Designs LawnSite Bronze Member

Creter, you can find alternate sources that do sell Pro Landscape, besides individuals, I have never seen it for less than they sell direct. They do discount at trades shows, like the upcoming PANTS next week in Atlantic City. If design is what you do and you have the time to learn new software, Pro Landscape is great software for drawing and presentation.

Kirk

8. Creter

Creter LawnSite Member

Thanks Kirk! Even at regular price quoted on the website I was seeing the potential for this software's customer reach and if it could be obtained cheaper, even better. This software is definitely on my radar!

9. Tim Wright

Tim Wright LawnSite Bronze Member

Clip also sells Draffix and it marries together for estimates.

Tim

10. Creter

Creter LawnSite Member

Ok thanks, Tim!