1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Landscaping estimates

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by KJ26, Jan 24, 2001.

1. KJ26

KJ26 LawnSite Member
    from NY

Thinking about trying some landscaping this year to break up the mowing and need some ideas on estimate forms.
    Just looking for a few to compile a perfect one.
  2. paul

paul Lawnsite Addict

Don't know about everybody else but we use Excel and Word
  3. KindGardener

KindGardener LawnSite Member

Check out NEBS.com - (they're also one of the sopnsors of the site).

they have several estimate forms, they will send samples (if you want to just print out some & photo copy them).

I made up custom ones for myself & had Kinkos print then on 2 part carbonless paper. came out real professional! (I'm new to the business, so everything help)
  4. steveair

steveair LawnSite Bronze Member

There are quite a few 'pre-fab' estimate sheets out there for landscaping, but never been to happy with most of them. For maintenance, I think the pre-made sheets are handy, as things are more standardized and the estimates are much more repetitious.

For construction, I usually start off fresh each time using microsoft word, and describe all the work and price each section off as I go. Most of my jobs vary so much between one to another, that those standard forms just don't work. They leave you like 2 lines for plant materials, etc. I usually use a couple pages for plants alone.

Pave tech/probst has a real nice sheet for estimating paver work though. They left very little out. I got a copy when they sent a info pack to me that I requested over the internet. May want to check it out. Pave Tech's # is 1-800-247-3343.

5. Stonehenge

Stonehenge LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Midwest

KJ26 -

Send me your e-mail address and I'll send you a copy of our form. I use Excel also. There's boiler plate legaleze on the back. That part you should hammer out with your attorney.
  6. mowing king

mowing king LawnSite Member
    from ct

if you are only doing small planting jobs you can do a basic form that you can finish and give to the client on the spot. slow is fast, take time now for quick estimates later. you need a measuring wheel first. Draw up 10 basic designs and price them out and use these as your base.
    a form could look like this Shrubs ____, trees_____, perenials _____, annuals ______,Mulch ______, soil_____,
    Prep_____, clean-up _____. total_______.

this is a quick way to do small planting proposals.Just fill in the blanks. Keep it simple.