Landscaping Fabric Recommendations

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by vFer, May 5, 2014.

1. vFer

vFer LawnSite Member

What landscaping fabric do you all use? I've been looking at Pro 5 as it seems to be most highly recommended on LawnSite, but so far all I've found is on Amazon and is ~$100 for SHIPPING. That's a little more than the price of the roll itself... I wasn't prepared to pay that for shipping.

Any other recommendations on professional grade landscaping fabric? I will be using it when I put in river rock for a customer, about 4x30. As I understand it, everything sold at stores like Home Depot are junk and should not be used for a professional, long lasting job.

2. vFer

vFer LawnSite Member

I figured $25 in materials for the fabric and staples (calculated from the price of a roll of 3x250 Pro 5)... Stupidly did not factor in shipping as I did not have an exact number (or expected it to match the price of the roll).

3. walkerway

walkerway LawnSite Member

Charge them for the whole roll.

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Are there plantings? If not use tyran
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. vFer

vFer LawnSite Member

There are some small plants I will be removing, that's it.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Dewitt Pro 5 is the only option really.
    I usually pay about $125 or so for a 4x250 roll. No shipping I go pick up at a large nursery near here.
    My fallback is a 4.0 oz woven, from Reinders. Almost as good at the 5 oz Pro5. About $90 for the same size roll of that stuff.

7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

8. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

That aint a bad price....

9. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

No its not for him for me little high which I buy mine wholesale

10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

I hope this is going under stone mulch, otherwise you are wasting your time and the customer's money.

Landscape fabric and mulch is one of the biggest scams foisted upon the landscape industry and the general public.