Landscaping In The South Is Tuff Atleast In Georgia No Rain

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by SELANDSCAPING, Oct 20, 2007.

1. SELANDSCAPING

SELANDSCAPING LawnSite Member

In Georgia The Drought Is Killing Landscaping Were On A No Water Ban If You Get Caught Its A $1000.00 Fine And They Shut Your Water Off Its Hard Right Now Everyone Is Hurting We Need Rain

Please Send Us Some Rain

2. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

1+ billion dollar in lost revenue for the landscaping industry so far this year.
    Couple this with the almost complete halt in the building industry and things kinda stink here.

This may turn out too be my shortest career yet.;)

3. Southern Signature

Southern Signature LawnSite Member

unbelievable

4. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

Its bad all over, I live in Oconee county, but thank God, its rainig now, I'll take what ever we can get.

5. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

I Live Up Around Charlotte, Nc. We Are A Few Days Away From Stage 4 Restrictions Also. Hey, Maybe We Can Get The Government To Build A Pipeline From Katrina Areas. Or Maybe We Can Get Grants B/c We Are Loosing The Shirts Off Our Backs. Can't Hurt To Ask, Heck They Do Wonderous Things For People With Too Much Water, Maybe They Will Help Us Too. Lol!!! I Just Have To Poke Fun At The World To Lighten' Things Up... I Think I Am Heading For The Mountains In Search Of An Indian Cheif To Work Up A State Wide Rain Dance.

6. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

I have a friend in Landscaping how lives in Watkinsville.
    His Name is Alan Camp.

7. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

I hope you all get some rain soon. Best of luck my friends.

8. Dhouse

Dhouse LawnSite Member

I'll do my rain dance for all of you in the south, if you do a snow dance for us in the midwest.:dancing: :dancing:

9. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds Like Someone Is Plowhappy...

10. JT1304

JT1304 LawnSite Member

I feel your pain. We are losing work due to the drought here in the triangle. I think Durham has about 60 days of water left. Raleigh has about 80 days left. We need rain in the worst way. We are actually getting a little now and they say more for Weds. Anyways, good luck to everyone else affected by this.