landscaping jobs

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by JTS lawn care, Mar 16, 2003.

  1. JTS lawn care

    JTS lawn care LawnSite Member
    Posts: 64

    i was wondering how you guys get your landscaping jobs most of the time. thanks
     
  2. Lanelle

    Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,361

    Are you asking where do the leads come from or how do we win contracts?
    Please narrow down the type of work you are considering. Commercial, residential, municipal?
     
  3. JTS lawn care

    JTS lawn care LawnSite Member
    Posts: 64

    were you get your leads from and i will be doing commercial and residential.
     
  4. Lanelle

    Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,361

    Are these going to be softscape or hardscape installations? Your name says 'lawn care'. Is that the name of your company? That does not communicate landscape installation to potential customers. It sounds more like fert/pest. application or mowing.
    I'm beginnng to think this thread belongs in the Business forum.
     
  5. Lombardi

    Lombardi LawnSite Senior Member
    Posts: 538

    While driving around I look for new construction, both residential and commercial. I will then contact the owner and inquire about landscaping. If I solicit the business I will offer to do a free design for them.
    Advertising and word-of-mouth are the other methods for getting jobs. Yesterday I was bidding a job at one house and the neighbor next door came over and wanted a bid on a project and then another neighbor came over and wanted a bid for his project. I ended up spending 2 hours talking with people about potential jobs. Putting your company name on your truck is a good idea. It has been a good investment for me.
     
  6. paponte

    paponte LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,366

    About 80% of our design work is from referrals. The other 20% is from local papers, website, and people getting the number off our trucks. If you are just starting spend some money on advertising, also it's good to have friends in the construction industry. Try and get hooked up with some architects, builders, etc. :cool:
     
  7. Shuter

    Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,171

    Most of my work is from word of mouth. I do a small amount of advertising in the local newspaper. If you can get with a couple of good builders then the work should start coming in. Once you start like that, you can ride their coat tails for more work.
     
  8. JTS lawn care

    JTS lawn care LawnSite Member
    Posts: 64

    lanelle my company name is JTS landscaping lawn service i dident wont to write it all out on the thing. i would like to do both but maybe a little more of the softscape.
     
  9. Lanelle

    Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,361

    One of the easist ways to get jobs is to offer services to existing mowing customers. Use those jobs for photos and references. You may get some referrals from those customers or neighbors may drop by to see what you are doing. I always speak to them and welcome their questions. Once you have some of that type of work completed, its easier to talk to new customers about your capabilities.
     
  10. NCSULandscaper

    NCSULandscaper Banned
    Posts: 1,557

    like most of the replies on here, word of mouth is the main way we get landscaping jobs.
     

Share This Page