Landscaping on Long Island

Discussion in 'Network: North' started by landscapetastic, Jun 21, 2012.

1. landscapetastic

landscapetastic LawnSite Member
    from ny

Hi,

I am from Eastern Suffolk County , Long Island NY. I am looking to expand into other new towns. Currently I work Wading River - Port Jeff. If you are from LI can tell me the best towns in Eastern Suffolk County where I might get the most customers if I advertise door to door with fliers.

2. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

If I knew where they were I would be putting my flyers there instead of telling you.

What I do know is that it's hard to add customers after Memorial Day. Though I put out flyers yesterday.

So keep on working an ever longer radius from your home. It's a hit and miss process.

Don't you think that every landscaper knows where all the rich people live? There are no hidden pockets of rich people waiting for you to come a long.

And because they are rich is no gaurantee that they will not be cheap bastards and bitches expecting to pay you as if you were their employee rather then as a business owner.

3. limaint

limaint LawnSite Member
    from NY NY

Higher end homes = more work, more expectations, more issues, less profit.

4. 32vld

32vld LawnSite Gold Member

Only if you low ball.

5. chuck@nri

chuck@nri LawnSite Member

Work suckS now, economy sucks now, poor years for me. Been in it a while, hoping and praying new president will change it all
    good luck
    keep knocking on those doors