Landscaping plans software

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Biggreendodge, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Biggreendodge

Biggreendodge LawnSite Member

Usually i draw plans out by hand, but i am thinking of joinging the 21st century... does anyone have a software program that they use and that isnt very expensive.

Tim

2. PaperCutter

PaperCutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Tim- this has been argued about a lot, you might try doing a search. It seems like a number of people use Pro Landscape, I and a few others use AutoCAD, some use Dynascape, and there are a few other random ones out there.

I guess the big question is why are you looking to switch to doing it by computer? Efficiency? Better looking presentations? Easier takeoffs and bidding? Your answer will drive what you end up doing.

You're in Locust Grove? I'm in Culpeper. PM me- we may be able to work together on some jobs.

Dave

3. Biggreendodge

Cool man i do a lot of work in the locust grove area... i bought master landscape pro but am having a time trying to figure it out... it seems to be more of a home designer then a landscape design... the reason i am switching is that some people just want the computer design... i guess it makes them just more comfortable for some reason.

Tim

4. PaperCutter

So more as a sales/ presentation tool? When you say computer design, are you talking about plans or the plants overlaid on a photo thing?

Dave

5. Biggreendodge

yeah i guess just something to look better as a presentation item. although i can draw very good when it comes to doing hand drawn plans.

6. PaperCutter

If you're doing good quality hand-drawn plans, I have to ask- what exactly are the customers wanting?

Dave

7. Biggreendodge

After they see what the hand draen ones look like they dont ask for a computer drawing.... but i have had customers tell me they want a computer drawing instead of the hand drawen one.... i dont know what their reason is behind it.