Landscaping Pros

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by rookie03, Oct 12, 2004.

1. rookie03

rookie03 LawnSite Member
    from OK

Landscaping Pros,

I mainly do lawn care right now and wanting to expand and do some landscaping. My question to all the pros: In the winter time, is it really slow? When do you do most of your business? And does the particular time of the season reflect the type of landscaping jobs you obtain? Any additional help or insight on starting a landscape business would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone for the help!

2. landscapingpoolguy

landscapingpoolguy LawnSite Senior Member

You can do hardscape till the ground freezes.

3. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

What Chuck said, then we try and fill time with removals and prepping spring installs. We have worked up until Christmas every year since 2001, and then fill Jan and Feb with removals and such if the ground isn't too hard.There is always something to do if you know how to sell it to your clients. No snow removal for me this year, though. I'm taking it easy this winter, or any way it comes!

4. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I am transistioning at the moment as I purchased an ASL300 Track Loader in the Spring. What worked well last year and hopefully again this year is maintaining a core group of annual customers. I keep between 18-24. I
    take on fewer seasonal lawn cutting jobs now an fill that time void with higher paying Landscape work. So far the busiest times for me have been Spring and Fall.. Just started advertising 1/2 page ads in small coupon mailer magazines for mys area. I am booked through mid Nov at the moment then it will be fall cleanup time.. I don't expect much biusiness in Dec or Jan.
    Mulch begins in Feb.

R
    gary