Landscaping+Snowmaking?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by greggomatic76, Sep 6, 2005.

1. greggomatic76

greggomatic76 LawnSite Member
    from Utah

I saw this forum and thought i would get your opinions on something. I own a small snowmaking company, mainly based online (<b>http://makesnow0.tripod.com</b>) and am looking to expand and get more clients. A friend of mine owns a well-established lawn care/landscaping company and i would like to suggest the idea to him of advertising home snowmaking (for parties, a white christmas, etc) through his clients as the lawn and gardens start to "rest" for the winter here in a month or so. <br>I know of a couple people that have done this but was wondering if any of you have ever incorperated snowmaking into your business during the winter.
    I have found that many people like it not only for the chance to have a white christmas when their neighbors may not have one, but also because it covers up the brown grass of winter. Anyways, any info, experiences, or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!<br><br>
    - Gregg Blanchard
    Second Nature Snowmaking
    (i have included an example pic but more are available on my website in case it doesn't show up)

frontyard2.jpg

2. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Gregg,
    Long time, no speak. I used to be a regular poster on your snowmaking forum, nice to see you around again.

3. Thirdpete

Thirdpete LawnSite Member
    from Chicago

then you could also set up plowing and charge them for that too :)

seriously though... i think it may work in a place like chicago where weve been lacking snow for the last few years. i would imagine you're having the same problem.

4. greggomatic76

from Utah

Hey, that plowing thing isn't such a bad idea! jk proenterprises, what is your name? I am sure i remember you, those days on that old message board were fun! I actually had to stop for a while cause i served a religious mission for the LDS church to Romania for two years and since i got back i have really had a lot of fun making snow and i am seeing if i can't make it go somewhere as far as a part time job goes. But yeah, i am thinking about proposing snowmaking to my friend, but if you guys even just KNOW someone that has tried this or has considered it, please let me know, i want to prove that it won't be a waste of his or my time to try this.

5. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

Gregg, you need to contact the Utah Film Commission and make them aware of what you do.Parties are one thing, but movies that NEED that sort of stuff for their shoots are a whole other ballgame. You're here, they're filming, go grab some dough.

6. greggomatic76

from Utah

Thanks GreenUtah, i will look into that! Any idea on how is best to get in touch with them?

7. GreenUtah

GreenUtah LawnSite Senior Member
    from SLC, UT

web or phone..state agency, not too tough to find and it's their job to help local cos find work with film and TV productions

8. greggomatic76

from Utah

Sweet, i will look into that, thanks for the advice, i really appreciate it! I asked for some advice on a snowboarding forum the other day and all i got was a bunch of kids who were apparently having a game to see who could use the f--- and s--- word the most in a single post.

9. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

Finally something I know a good bit about
    V scaned picture so the quality sucks V
    [​IMG]

10. liquidforcedude7

liquidforcedude7 LawnSite Senior Member
    from america

[​IMG]