Landscaping software

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by grassyfras, Jul 12, 2001.

1. grassyfras

grassyfras LawnSite Bronze Member

Do any of you guys use software that helps you design yards and landscaping with 3-d veiws?

2. AndrewLawn

AndrewLawn LawnSite Member

my neighbor uses one.....I'll ask him about it tomorrow

3. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I bought the cheap alternative. I've got Sierra Custom Land Designer 3D. It works good for the small amount of landscaping jobs that I do. I couldn't justify spending upwards of $400 for a program that I wouldn't need that much. I paid $50 for it, so far it works great! I can upload pictures that I take at the job with a digital camera, then take it home and work on the landscape. No complaints yet!

4. ianc

ianc LawnSite Member

you can visit http://www.lsisoft.com and download a 30-day trial
    of Landscape Illustrator 2001
    does both Plan and imaging view

5. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

We use several of the higher end programs as deisgn/build is the biggest part of our business. Could not live w/o them.

6. Rodney Johns

Rodney Johns LawnSite Member

Pro Landscape by drafix is the way to go. I have used them all and I swear nothing has made me more on an investment than that program did. It is expensive but I have never heard of anyone who wouldn't say that is wasn't worth the money. The 3-D photo designs will have people writing the checks as soon as you show them what things can look like.

7. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

8. elainef

elainef LawnSite Member

Any of these suggestions require *special* training to use (CAD design, etc.) beyond figuring out how to use scanner/digital camera and knowing how to do site measurements? How long have you been using these?
    Incidently, I found this site digging for landscape design software today - neat site!

9. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

Can any one tell me how much some of the high end design programs cost? like landdesogner and and pro landscape.... I am looking to upgrade in the next month or so. 4-500 is my budget.... im not sure if i can justify a grand!

10. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

I have used Design Imaging by DIG for over two years. The suite of three/four programs is a little over a grand I think. If you do a search you will find that we have discussed this topic about once every four months.