landscaping trailers w/ warning lights ?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by duke99, Feb 13, 2006.

1. duke99

duke99 LawnSite Member

i was just curious to see if anyone one here who obviously owns a landscaping trailer has any kind of warning light on the back side or anywhere on their trailers for safety??

2. sgallaher

sgallaher LawnSite Senior Member

I've been thinking about this also. Does anyone have any pics of this?
    us flag

3. mowingtowing

mowingtowing LawnSite Member

i mounted a aber strobe (oval type) top and center on the back of my enclosed trailer. It flashes when i have the truck in reverse.

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

you could get a set of LED's to come on with the reverse lights. Also you could retrofit a set of Whelen S/T/T lights equipped with SignalAlert. They are what some DOT trucks have where it flashes when they brake/turn or 4-way flasher.

Personally this spring I will be adding a set of Whelen TIR3's to the back side of my trailer, they have a small footprint, but boy are they bright. I will wire them to the reverse light lead and also wire them to my breakaway battery so i can run them when the truck is off.

I added TIR6's to my F350 last week and they really grab your attention.

5. duke99

duke99 LawnSite Member

i have a 6 X 12 tandem axle with 4 micro lights (LED's) facing the backside .... they operate of a able 2 led power pack and small battery on the inside of the trailer ... i just didnt know if i was the only guy in michigan who thought about safety .... didnt want poeple thinkin i was an idiot with all these lights flashing on my trailer LOL .. thinkin about adding some to my areation / dethatching trailer i just built ..

6. amar

amar LawnSite Member

Those look illegal on a non police or EMT vehicle.

Impersonating an officer ticket in MI

Is there a way to make your hazard lights flash faster with out buying a $300 kit?

7. BSDeality

amber strobes/TIR6's are NOT illegal in CT. I'm not impersonating anyone with amber lights, i'm covering my ass.

8. amar

amar LawnSite Member

I looked at the web site they only showed them in a white. Amber is ok here to.

9. BSDeality

you can get them in many colors such as white, blue, red, amber, purple, green. Most of the TIR3/6's come with clear lenses but colored LEDs.

I got amber LED's with clear lenses to blend in better to my grill and tool box.

10. BSDeality

oh, and as per hazard flasher you want whats called a Modulator. I've found plenty for motorcycle head/stoplights, but not much for automotive 4-ways/turns/stops