landscaping with VW Jetta

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by rfed32, Jul 13, 2006.

1. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

so i was drivin down the road to a buddies house look down the road and i see a 1995 vw jetta with a 4x6 lowes trailer 36'' toro and blower on the trailer...guessin the guy was trimmin the back or something, but it made me think. i guess no matter what you drive as long as you can pull a trailer you can have a lawncare company....

2. Splicer

Splicer LawnSite Senior Member

All you need is a mower to be a LCO...

3. Scotts' Yard Care

Scotts' Yard Care LawnSite Senior Member

That's the beauty of America:usflag: Or at least it should be.

4. All_Clear

All_Clear LawnSite Senior Member

If it works... why not?

Sometimes you need to forget about what everyone else thinks and do what you have to do.... Use what you must.

What rule book says you must have a 1/2 ton or better and trailer with racks to boot... I missed out receiving mine....

There's a guy in the next town over that has a 70's station wagon and pulls an open trailer with 2 Z's... Not the norm but the guy has been around for years, obviously he's doing something right.

All Clear

5. Surf'n'Turf

Surf'n'Turf LawnSite Senior Member

Fahrfegnugen!

6. rfed32

from Hatboro

all clear i agree 100% who cares what everyone else thinks as long as ur doing what u want/love and ur out makin money then ok...i was tellin my buddies hes savin more then the rest of us on gas for sure

i also think that ur work should be ur image not what u drive

7. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

very good point i think there alot of companies that waste money just to show off

but how is a station wagon pulling 2z's around + trialer and other equipment lol few thousand lbs of equip

8. rfed32

from Hatboro

jj i know the old wagons could pull a good amount of weight...my gandmom had one that they pulled a camper with it dont know the size tho it was when i was younger when everything looked bigger then it was

9. meathead1134

meathead1134 LawnSite Senior Member

heck I started even worse, I started with my 2002 hyundai elantra pulling an old snowmobile trailer with my jd gs45 on the back my first year. I have since upgraded to a GMC 2500 pickup but you have to start somewhere if you weren't born with a silver spoon in your mouth. How do you think Domino's pizza got started??

10. cessnasovereign

cessnasovereign LawnSite Senior Member

LOL I saw a Honda Civic pulling one while I was mowing..