Lantern Lighting Trick for Hardscapers

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Nov 23, 2008.

1. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

the wall/columns in the second pic looks tacky....

2. bigviclbi

bigviclbi LawnSite Senior Member
    from nj

I'm pretty sure the columns in the second pic were built to match the existing stone on the house from old threads. But that asphalt patch job in the second pic is horrendous. What happened? My guess is the belgium block was too high and had to be comensated for , could it have been tapered down a little more before the driveway? Love the first and second ones.

3. zedosix

zedosix LawnSite Silver Member

I am assuming the asphalt patch job was necessary cause of the pitch in the road. If the curbs were placed any lower there would likely be standing water and a bit of a ditch there.

4. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Like I said we keep seeing the same exact photos over and over never a close up and actually I remember the picture from the brick pillar being in another forum when they were being build and the blocks were all out of alignment which of course was on act of god.

5. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

Asphalt patch?

This is a new devlopment. In jersey they pave twice. A base coat. And then once all construction is done they pave the final coat. The do a little 'patch' in front of each driveway so the homeowners dont bottom out their bimmers. Once the road gets the final coat on you don't have those patches.

Aztlan go cut some grass.

6. AztlanLC

AztlanLC LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry buddy true hurts if you want I can post that picture?, and I can't since don't even know how to mow anymore.

7. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

woah , Aztlan thats sounds like you have something on someone.. what ya got picture wise?

8. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Post that pic!!

Post that pic!!

Post that pic!!

Post that pic!

9. Tyler7692

Tyler7692 LawnSite Bronze Member

Some of these idiots in this forum bicker and carry on like little b*tches. I'd name names, but its obvious who I'm talking about (and it takes more than one...)

10. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member