Lantern Lighting Trick for Hardscapers

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Nov 23, 2008.

1. mrusk

mrusk LawnSite Gold Member

HAHAHAH If that is my biggest slip up as a landscape contractor I think I am doing pretty good.

You guys just made my night. Lets see how your 100k jobs that you signed before your 21st birthday.

2. jbailey52

jbailey52 LawnSite Bronze Member

Dude, I notice that people on here do pick on youhere.. but you sound like a tool... If I was you I would think about one of my customers seeing these posts and be embarassed... but just my two cents

3. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

The search engine SPIDERS do crawl this site. I have sold jobs where the client stumbled across this site and found me.

4. mrusk

I have had people see my pics here and call me for work.

5. DVS Hardscaper

Too funny! This is why I love this site! Nothin like comin home from an honest day at work and seeing the entertainment!

6. mrusk

DVS find something legit to laugh about.

7. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

The pillar is square ...matt's left foot is just twice the size of the right one.

8. DVS Hardscaper

Goodness gracious, no need to, the workmanship in the picture speaks for itself. :hammerhead:

9. Lite4

Lite4 LawnSite Gold Member

Here is boulder mounted light I did about 5 years ago. It is a 12 volt conversion also and is tied into the other accent lights in the landscape. I think I read a comment from someone disregarding 12 volt systems. I would simply say to you, that you have never seen a properly installed 12 volt system or you definitely wouldn't say that.

Rock light.JPG

rock front.JPG

10. DVS Hardscaper

Tim R. -

I like that boulder!

Mind telling us about how the lantern is mounted. I mean, does it have bolts drilled and bolted to the boulder, or is there more to it? Also how is the cable routed? Only problem I could see is the boulder breaking apart from heavy drilling?

I live in a wooded setting and something like that would be perfect for my residence.