Laptop In Truck

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ajmctree, Feb 21, 2005.

1. ajmctree

ajmctree LawnSite Member

How Many Of You Out There Keep Your Laptop And Printer In Your Vehicles For When You Giving Quotes Or Estimates.
    I Dont Know How Many Hours I Used Going To A Prospective Job ,coming Up With The Info For The Job Going Back To The Office Getting It Into The Computer ,printing It , Then Mailing It Or Dropping It Off Then Waiting For A Answer To Return.
    I'm Going To Try It This Year And See How It Goes.

Aj

2. ksland

ksland LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Gamber Johnson mount, Wireless LAN (for on property), and Cell phone wireless internet for on the road ($15 a month unlimited), i80 Canon hidden away in cosole. All run off a $30 power invertor.

DSC02453.jpg

3. ksland

Another view

DSC02452.jpg

4. ksland

The printer

DSC02454.jpg

5. ajmctree

ajmctree LawnSite Member

definatley looks cool. does it save much for time ,any real problems with it

AJ

6. ajmctree

ajmctree LawnSite Member

Didn't see the last three pictures looks like it would work well and fits in the truck pretty good.

AJ

7. tonygreek

tonygreek LawnSite Gold Member

i run an almost identical set-up to k&s although i rely on wifi internet connection hotspots from local restaurants or coffee houses for my net connections.

love that printer, btw. that's the best time saver i've got.

8. Primecut

Primecut LawnSite Member

Impressive set up. Nice work. :D

9. cleancutccl

cleancutccl LawnSite Senior Member

What would you be using the net for while working? Are you hooked up to gps, or maybe using mapquest or something? I really like the laptop printer setup, I think it could really save some time, also giving the estimate onsite would probably close a few deals in itself.

10. Eddie B

Eddie B LawnSite Senior Member
    from gone

What type of cellphone internet service do you use? Is the internet access a decent speed? Just wondering. Decent setup BTW.